WORKING FOR YOU
We’re here for our members in challenging times. Contact us at email@example.com if we can help.
Our Mind the Gap report sets out how can Scotland recover from the pandemic by investing in health & social care data.
OFFER YOUR SUPPORT IN DELIVERING THE VACCINE
Many of you have asked about a contact for offers of support for the delivery of the vaccine programme. A dedicated mail box has been set for these types of enquiries, where a Scottish Government team is managing all of the enquiries being received. The mailbox address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEST AND PROTECT: NEW SELF-ISOLATION ADVICE
It’s important to self-isolate immediately to stop the new strains of coronavirus from spreading, watch the latest advert here and download the Self-Isolation Fact Sheet which outlines the key self-isolation information.
CHECK YOUR INSURANCE
A reminder to members to check their insurance policies for delivering covid vaccines – ensure the NHS contract covers liability or check with their insurer.
STAY AT HOME, SAVE LIVES, PROTECT NHS
- NEW timetable for easing restrictions published on 16 March
- Information on the COVID-19 vaccine, including access and rollout
- We’ve signed the joint Fair Work Statement alongside Scottish Government and STUC
- Worried about working because of coronavirus? Information and advice from Citizens Advice Scotland
TEST AND PROTECT
Test and Protect is Scotland’s strategic approach to suppressing the virus. We’ve advised the Scottish Government on how to make sure Test and Protect works for Scottish businesses, organisations and workers.
- Public health information from NHS Scotland
- Scottish Government advice for employers
- NHS Scotland guide to getting tested for COVID-19
- Self-referral portal for key workers to get tested
- Referral portal for eligible employers to get their workforces tested
- Opportunities for businesses and organisations to help in the fight against the virus, from diagnostic testing to PPE to healthcare innovations
- Find the right option for you via FindBusinessSuppot.gov.scot portal
- Scottish Government COVID-19 business support helpline: 0300 303 0660
- Grants from the Scottish Wedding Industry Fund
- Tailored funding for brewers, travel agents and indoor football centres
- Local authority grants for licensed taxi or private hire drivers
- £185m Strategic Framework Business Fund for businesses required to close by law under COVID-19 restrictions (e.g. events, tourism & hospitality, transport) now open to applications for grants via your local authority
- £41m business support for gyms and non-essential retail forced to close
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme with subsidy for wages of furloughed workers
- Job Support Scheme for workers and businesses impacted by restrictions in some sectors
- Job Retention Bonus, a one-off payment to employers for every employee who they previously claimed for under the scheme, and who remains continuously employed through to 31 January 2021
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme to secure maximum £50,000 loans for SMEs
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to access loans and other kinds of finance up to £5m for SMEs
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme to access loans and other kinds of finance up to £200m for medium and large businesses
- Future Fund for high-growth firms
- COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility to support liquidity in larger firms
- Self-Employed Income Support Scheme to claim for grants for the self-employed or members of partnerships
- Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme to claim back employees’ coronavirus-related sick pay
- Concerned about paying your tax? Call HMRC for help and advice: 08000 241222
- Non-Domestic rates relief in Scotland
- Small Business Support Scheme from BT
INNOVATION FUNDING & PARTNERSHIPS
- UK Research and Innovation grant funding for ideas or projects which mitigate health, social, economic, cultural or environmental impact of pandemic
- Other innovation funding challenges from UK Government
- Do you have a tech solution or innovative idea to help health & social care tackle COVID-19? Apply for funding and support from Barclays’ HealthTech Response partnership
- Funding through CivTech for private sector innovations which support public sector response.
- UK 5G Innovation Network Collaboration Exchange
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator is a collaborative effort to research, develop and bring effective treatments to market quickly and accessibly
SKILLS & EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT
- National Transition Training Fund for those facing unemployment or the threat of redundancy
- £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant for those who would otherwise face financial hardship
- Increased funding for employers taking on skilled trainees through Adopt an Apprentice
- Skills Development Scotland’s COVID-19 Jobs Hub helps employers fill urgent vacancies and close skills gaps quickly
- Job match website for Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region
- Skills Matching Service connecting workers with employers in agriculture and animal welfare
- My World of Work job site helps connect employers and furloughed workers to fill COVID-19 labour shortages and skills gaps
- My World of Work online learning site helps individuals and furloughed workers reskill and upskill with free digital courses
Our online events programme gives you access to the thought leadership, expert advice and practical resources which you need to help you steer your business or organisation through the crisis, as well as opportunities to engage with influential politicians and policymakers.
Join Productivity Club Scotland to be part of a free, growing and nationwide network of peer-to-peer learning and knowledge share.
POLICY AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
We’re working every day to make sure your voice is heard by government at the highest level.
We’ve helped to shape policy responses and business support from the UK Government and the Scottish Government to save lives, retain jobs and protect livelihoods.
STATE OF THE NATION
Our monthly State of the Nation briefings bring all of the latest data and forecasts about the Scottish economy together in one place, helping you understand the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on growth, employment, productivity, inflation, business confidence and consumer confidence.
Download now for up-to-date analysis and statistics from the most authoritative sources.
Director of Membership and Stakeholder Engagement
South of Scotland Manager