WORKING FOR YOU
We’re here for our members in challenging times. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help.
News update 25/05/21
The First Minister said the seven day average of new COVID-19 cases in Glasgow is continuing to rise but recognised public health efforts currently underway in the city would take time to work through. She said there are some initial signs that case numbers may be starting to stabilise.
East Renfrewshire, which has also seen public health efforts intensified to tackle an increase in prevalence, appears to have stabilised with case numbers thought to have fallen very slightly.
The First Minister called for residents to continue to come forward for testing and vaccination and for everyone to continue to exercise care. She added that data on case numbers alongside hospital and ICU admissions were being considered ahead of the next decision on protection levels, which is expected later this week.
Mobile coverage in some of the most rural parts of Scotland will be improved with an additional £3.75 million investment. Finance Secretary Kate Forbes said digital connectivity was crucial to Scotland’s economic recovery from COVID-19. Read more here.
Business Support update
A full range of support can be accessed at findbusinesssupport.gov.scot
The Scottish Government’s timetable for easing restrictions has been published. The timetable sets out how and when they plan to lift the current coronavirus restrictions over the coming weeks and months. Safer workplace guidance is released on a sectoral basis and can be found here.
- Covid-19 vaccination status scheme launches (Updated 19 May)
- Call for all those who missed vaccine to come forward (Updated 18 May)
- Local Restrictions Grant to support businesses in Moray and Glasgow City council areas (Updated 17 May)
- Local protection levels (Updated 11 May)
- Updated coronavirus guidance for sports and leisure facilities (Updated 10 May)
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Updated 7 May)
- Market and Festival Attendance Fund (Updated 30 April)
- Marine fund Scotland application guidance notes (Updated 26 April)
- Check in Scotland is now available in participating venues (Updated 26 April)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) protection levels (Updated 26 April)
- COVID-19: calculating physical distancing capacity in public settings (Updated 26 April)
- Letter from Fiona Hyslop on capacities for hospitality industry
- COVID-19: compliance self-assessment tool (23 April)
The NHS Inform coronavirus webpage is the fastest way for people to get the latest health advice and information.
INNOVATION FUNDING & PARTNERSHIPS
- UK Research and Innovation grant funding for ideas or projects which mitigate health, social, economic, cultural or environmental impact of pandemic
- Other innovation funding challenges from UK Government
- Do you have a tech solution or innovative idea to help health & social care tackle COVID-19? Apply for funding and support from Barclays’ HealthTech Response partnership
- Funding through CivTech for private sector innovations which support public sector response.
- UK 5G Innovation Network Collaboration Exchange
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator is a collaborative effort to research, develop and bring effective treatments to market quickly and accessibly
SKILLS & EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT
- National Transition Training Fund for those facing unemployment or the threat of redundancy
- £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant for those who would otherwise face financial hardship
- Increased funding for employers taking on skilled trainees through Adopt an Apprentice
- Skills Development Scotland’s COVID-19 Jobs Hub helps employers fill urgent vacancies and close skills gaps quickly
- Job match website for Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region
- Skills Matching Service connecting workers with employers in agriculture and animal welfare
- My World of Work job site helps connect employers and furloughed workers to fill COVID-19 labour shortages and skills gaps
- My World of Work online learning site helps individuals and furloughed workers reskill and upskill with free digital courses
Our online events programme gives you access to the thought leadership, expert advice and practical resources which you need to help you steer your business or organisation through the crisis, as well as opportunities to engage with influential politicians and policymakers.
Join Productivity Club Scotland to be part of a free, growing and nationwide network of peer-to-peer learning and knowledge share.
POLICY AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
We’re working every day to make sure your voice is heard by government at the highest level.
We’ve helped to shape policy responses and business support from the UK Government and the Scottish Government to save lives, retain jobs and protect livelihoods.
STATE OF THE NATION
Our monthly State of the Nation briefings bring all of the latest data and forecasts about the Scottish economy together in one place, helping you understand the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on growth, employment, productivity, inflation, business confidence and consumer confidence.
Download now for up-to-date analysis and statistics from the most authoritative sources.
Director of Membership and Stakeholder Engagement
Highlands & Islands Manager
North East Manager