WORKING FOR YOU
We’re here for our members in challenging times. Contact us at email@example.com if we can help.
TEST AND PROTECT
In early April, we called for a comprehensive and nationwide strategy to test, trace and isolate to save lives, protect key workers and support the reopening of the Scottish economy. In late May, the Scottish Government launched Test and Protect, Scotland’s strategic approach to COVID-19.
We’re now advising the Scottish Government on how to make sure Test and Protect works for Scottish business.
- The latest guidance for tourism & hospitality businesses subject to renewed restrictions in October.
- Public health information from NHS Scotland.
- Scottish Government advice for employers.
- NHS Scotland guide to getting tested for COVID-19.
- Self-referral portal for key workers to get tested.
- Referral portal for eligible employers to get their workforces tested.
- Scottish Government advice on returning to work safely for employers and workers, including sector-specific guidance.
- Tailored advice for small and micro businesses to re-open safely.
- Specific guidance for food business operators like cafes, pubs and restaurants from Food Standards Scotland.
- Worried about working because of coronavirus? Information and advice from Citizens Advice Scotland.
- Opportunities for businesses and organisations to help in the fight against the virus, from diagnostic testing to PPE to healthcare innovations.
Major business support options from the UK Government and Scottish Government:
- £40m COVID-19 Restrictions Fund now open to applications until Tuesday 3 November at 5pm via local authorities. Employment support, cash grants and discretionary spending to help businesses impacted by the latest temporary restrictions, especially in hospitality.
- Upcoming Job Support Scheme for workers and businesses impacted by renewed restrictions on some sectors.
- Job Retention Bonus, a one-off payment to employers for every employee who they previously claimed for under the scheme, and who remains continuously employed through to 31 January 2021.
- Find the right option for you via FindBusinessSuppot.gov.scot portal.
- Scottish Government COVID-19 business helpline: 0300 303 0660.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to claim for 80% of your employee’s wages plus any employer National Insurance and pension contributions, if you have put them on furlough.
- Bounce Back Loan Scheme to secure maximum £50,000 loans for SMEs.
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to access loans and other kinds of finance up to £5m for SMEs.
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme to access loans and other kinds of finance up to £200m for medium and large businesses.
- Future Fund for high-growth firms.
- COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility to support liquidity in larger firms.
- Self-Employed Income Support Scheme to claim for grants for the self-employed or members of partnerships.
- Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme to claim back employees’ coronavirus-related sick pay.
- Concerned about paying your tax? Call HMRC for help and advice: 08000 241222.
- Non-Domestic rates relief in Scotland.
- New Small Business Support Scheme from BT.
INNOVATION FUNDING & PARTNERSHIPS
- UK Research and Innovation grant funding for ideas or projects which mitigate health, social, economic, cultural or environmental impact of pandemic.
- Other innovation funding challenges from UK Government.
- Do you have a tech solution or innovative idea to help health & social care tackle COVID-19? Apply for funding and support from Barclays’ HealthTech Response partnership.
- Funding through CivTech for private sector innovations which support public sector response.
- UK 5G Innovation Network Collaboration Exchange.
- COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator is a collaborative effort to research, develop and bring effective treatments to market quickly and accessibly
SKILLS & EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT
- Apply for the National Transition Training Fund for those facing unemployment or the threat of redundancy.
- New £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant for those who would otherwise face financial hardship.
- Increased funding for employers taking on skilled trainees through Adopt an Apprentice.
- Skills Development Scotland’s COVID-19 Jobs Hub helps employers fill urgent vacancies and close skills gaps quickly.
- Job match website for Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region.
- Skills Matching Service connecting workers with employers in agriculture and animal welfare.
- My World of Work job site helps connect employers and furloughed workers to fill COVID-19 labour shortages and skills gaps.
- My World of Work online learning site helps individuals and furloughed workers reskill and upskill with free digital courses.
Our online events programme gives you access to the thought leadership, expert advice and practical resources which you need to help you steer your business or organisation through the crisis, as well as opportunities to engage with influential politicians and policymakers.
Join Productivity Club Scotland to be part of a free, growing and nationwide network of peer-to-peer learning and knowledge share.
POLICY AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
We’re working every day to make sure your voice is heard by government at the highest level.
We’ve helped to shape policy responses and business support from the UK Government and the Scottish Government to save lives, retain jobs and protect livelihoods.
STATE OF THE NATION
Our monthly State of the Nation briefings bring all of the latest data and forecasts about the Scottish economy together in one place, helping you understand the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on growth, employment, productivity, inflation, business confidence and consumer confidence.
Download now for up-to-date analysis and statistics from the most authoritative sources.