Defining the Visitor Economy for Scottish Borders
Date Changed: Monday 19th October 2020
11.45am – 2.00pm
Scottish Borders Campus, Nether Road, Galashiels, TD1 3HE
Speakers: Paula Ward, Regional Director Visit Scotland
Duncan McConchie, Laggan Visitor Centre
SCDI is delighted to announce a networking lunch where you will have the opportunity to take part in a workshop themed around how we can collectively define the visitor economy for the Scottish Borders.
Delegates at the event, will have the chance to:
- Hear from expert speakers about challenges and opportunities in defining the visitor economy for the Scottish Borders
- Enjoy a three-course lunch prepared using the best locally sourced produce
- Take part in a workshop where we will collectively debate key questions
- Learn about the latest SCDI projects, research and events designed to support your business
- Meet and network with other local, regional and national business leaders.
As you know, the visitor economy is of huge importance to the South of Scotland and is an area of significant opportunity for many stakeholders, including local people who choose to develop a career in the sector. Further and higher education have an important part to play in developing and supporting career progression therefore Borders College is the ideal host for this event. The College is committed to facilitating the skilling and upskilling of a workforce which meets the needs of both employer and employee within the sector.
Invitations to this kind of event are a benefit of SCDI membership. To find out more, click the button below.