Opportunities in India: Free Trade Agreement Webinar
18 August 2021, 1530 – 1630
SCDI and the Department for International Trade are pleased to host this webinar. Joining us for our panel discussion is Kate Thornley, Deputy Director of India Negotiations Team, DIT.
Following the announcements by Prime Ministers Johnson and Modi in May on the UK-India Enhanced Trade Partnership (ETP) and the intention to negotiate a Free Trade Agreement (FTA), this webinar will provide information from DIT on the FTA and the public consultation and give businesses the chance to ask questions and share views on the UK’s ambition for a future trade deal with India.
We are particularly interested in business and industry views about:
- Which areas of a potential future free trade agreement do you want the UK government to prioritise in trade talks with India?
- Are you facing challenges or constraints when attempting to trade or invest in India, and if so, how significant is this on your business activity?
- How do you expect your business to respond to a comprehensive FTA? For example, might you begin exporting to, or importing from, India? Would you look to invest in India or attract investment from India, increase output or hire more workers?
- How do you expect your business to respond to the removal of Indian tariffs?
- Is your business trading products related to the environment or a low carbon economy with India?
Please come prepared to discuss the above and any other thoughts you have on doing business with India and a potential future trade deal.
We also ask for all businesses to fill in the online questionnaire and submit response through official channel at https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/trade-with-india-call-for-input.
This event is free for SCDI Members – you will receive a booking link by newsletter on Friday 6 August. If you have trouble booking your free place, get in touch. Non-members are welcome to join for a nominal fee, and can book their place using the form below.