Influencers in Conversation with Martin Gilbert, Chair of the Oil & Gas Technology Centre
Monday 23 November, 3pm
Our speaker will be Martin Gilbert. One of the leading CEOs of his generation, he co-founded and built Aberdeen Asset Management into one of the world’s leading independent asset managers. When it merged with Standard Life in 2017 to form Standard Life Aberdeen, he became co-CEO then Vice Chairman until May 2020. Martin was also Chairman of Aberdeen Standard Investments, the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen until he retired on 30 September 2020.
He is currently a Non-Executive Director with leading commodity and financial businesses including fintech firm Revolut and was appointed Chair of OGTC in June 2020.
This time next year, the eyes of the world will be on Scotland as it hosts the next UN Climate Change Conference, COP26. This event will focus on how investment can be mobilised to meet the challenge of Net Zero, and the opportunities for clean growth this could create for our businesses and economy
Participants will have the chance to discuss:
- How Scotland can invest in rebalancing our economy towards leadership in sustainable technology, services and industry, and achieve Net Zero carbon emissions by 2045
- How we can mainstream climate and environmental factors as a financial and strategic imperative for businesses to bring more investable green projects to market
- How we can build on the capabilities of Scottish industry and supercharge development of next generation technologies to capitalise on global leadership in the energy transition
- How we can mobilise investment at scale from a wide variety of sources, including private finance and public funds and how the Scottish National Investment Bank can catalyse this investment
- How Scotland and the UK can become a leader in financing clean growth
SCDI’s Influencers in Conversation events are a new series based on our successful programme of Influencers’ Dinners and Lunches. These online events will be strategic discussions between influential speakers and leaders from across the SCDI’s membership.
The conversation will inform the ongoing refresh of SCDI’s Blueprint for the Scottish economy.
Members events are just one benefit of SCDI membership. If you are already a member, you will have received booking information by email, either in a direct invitation or in our fortnightly newsletter.
If you are not currently a member, and are interested in finding out more, you can read more by clicking the button below.