Invite only event
Developing Scotland’s First AI Strategy
Discussion with Kate Forbes MSP, Minister for Public Finance and Digital Economy, Scottish Government
What are our priorities if Scotland’s AI strategy is to benefit citizens and enable economic growth?
Earlier this year, SCDI, ScotlandIS, the RSE and BT Scotland published our latest report, Building a World-Leading AI and Data Strategy for an Inclusive Scotland.
We’re delighted that the Scottish Government has accepted our key recommendation and proposes to develop the first AI Strategy for Scotland, with an announcement due in the Programme for Government to be published in September.
Bringing together people from business, public, civic and academic sectors, this event will kickstart work and engagement on the strategy which will be led by The Data Lab, and explore the opportunities for Scotland to be at the forefront of global best practice.
Participants will be able to discuss the process and their priorities, with speakers/panellists including:
- Kate Forbes MSP, Minister for Public Finance and Digital Economy, Scottish Government
- Polly Purvis, Chief Executive, ScotlandIS
- Professor David Bell, Vice President for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, RSE
- Jane Wood, BT Group Nations and Regions Director and Director, BT Scotland
- Steph Wright, Programme Manager – AI Strategy Development Lead, The Data Lab
- Mark Dames, Head of Policy, BT Regions, and Head of Public Affairs, BT Scotland
Invitation to this kind of event is just one benefit of SCDI membership. To find out more about membership opportunities, click below.