Future of Rural Scotland: What Next for… Connectivity, Infrastructure and Energy?
Tuesday 4 August 2020, 10am – 11am
What next? It’s the question we’ve all been asking. As we look beyond lockdown towards recovery, we face an uncertain future. What next for our society and our economy?
Different parts of rural Scotland will face different challenges, and perhaps different opportunities, in our recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, which will require different local or regional solutions.
We’re proud to represent all sectors and all geographies of the Scottish economy. We believe in an economy which works for everyone, everywhere.
So, building on the work of our Rural Commission, our ‘Future of Rural Scotland’ series of virtual seminars will ask:
- How could the crisis change the way we live and work in our rural communities?
- How will your rural business, organisation or sector have to adapt or innovate?
- How can we build a strong rural recovery together?
Join us to:
- Discuss and debate what’s next for rural Scotland.
- Engage with ideas and insights from thought leaders and business leaders.
- Learn about rural innovation globally which could help your business, organisation or community.
- Joanna Campbell, Principal & CEO, Dumfries & Galloway College
- Paul Coffey, CEO, Scotland 5G Centre
- Alison Smith, Service Leader – Strategic Policy and Economy, Angus Council
- Matthew Bacon, Onshore Wind Market Development, Vattenfall
This webinar is free for all SCDI members. To find out more about joining, contact us using the button below.
In partnership with