CONVENING LEADERS FROM GOVERNMENT, BUSINESS AND CIVIL SOCIETY.
Our members are building a prosperous Scotland, which looks beyond narrow economic success to deliver better social and environmental outcomes.
Our annual meeting considers the opportunities for Scotland in a global economy and inspires and effects change in national and regional development.
Forum is Scotland’s best cross-sector economic event. Think of it as all the best minds in the economy under one roof sharing knowledge, ideas, building connections and harnessing our collective resources to make a difference.
Why should I be there?
Who is Forum for?
Achieving a productive and prosperous Scotland, remains challenging in the face of climate risk, economic challenge and geopolitical uncertainty. Slow productivity growth, an ageing population, low levels of investment, challenging public spending and investment climates are barriers but we also see opportunities.
- to innovate and to harness the best of science and technology to address these challenges
- to maximise wealth retained in Scotland’s communities as part of the transition to a low carbon economy
- to transform levels of entrepreneurship and business ambition and to reshape our learning system to better meet the needs of tomorrow’s learner
Our Blueprint for long-term plan for growth and for investment provides a framework for sustainable growth. Forum seeks answers to how Scotland’s leaders, resources and policymakers can be harnessed to create a prosperous Scotland:
- where economic growth accelerates but creates fair work opportunities
- which limit the impacts of growth on the climate and sees pledges to invest in sustainable infrastructure delivered
- which reverses weak private sector investment and stimulates a growing tax base to fund our future public services and;
- where economic opportunities are harnessed in a new industrial strategy to create the foundation for our future prosperity