Our members shape our policy positions. We want to hear your views to inform our influencing of government, parliament and policymakers as we respond to many consultations every year. This page shows what’s coming up and how you can get involved.
We want your help to shape Scotland’s Clean Growth future as we kick off Phase 2 of our Clean Growth Leadership Group project.
We’re looking beyond the immediate economic challenges of the current crisis towards the economic opportunities of our journey to Net Zero.
We’ll publish a report before the end of 2020 which highlights Scotland’s key economic opportunities for Clean Growth – and what we need to do to maximise them.
But we need your help!
What do you think are Scotland’s key Clean Growth opportunities? Which investments, regulations or interventions would help your business, organisation, community or sector to decarbonise and grow sustainably?
We’re looking at 7 key themes – and asking 7 key questions – in Phase 2:
- PEOPLE: How can Scotland launch a Green Skills Revolution which helps our workforce to reskill and upskill to compete for and thrive in the green jobs of the future?
- PLACE: How can Scotland transform our communities to make them more sustainable, more equal and more resilient?
- CONNECTIVITY: How can Scotland become better connected domestically and globally as a large country on the geographic periphery of Europe?
- ENERGY: How can Scotland test, develop and export Net Zero technological innovations to remain a global leader in the transition to green energy?
- INDUSTRY: How can Scotland decarbonise our industries to boost sustainability, increase competitiveness and attract inward investment?
- NATURE: How can Scotland protect our natural environment and reverse biodiversity loss to help us to sustainably harness our land, sea and air?
- FINANCE: How can Scotland stimulate private sector investment in green infrastructure and nature-based solutions to fund the transition to Net Zero?
Have your say
We’re calling on all SCDI members, partners and stakeholders to have their say to shape our report and its recommendations.
There are several ways to participate:
- Complete our Online Survey
- Submit your views or evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email email@example.com to arrange a conversation with one of the team
- Register for one of our thematic Focus Groups (details to follow)
We look forward to hearing from you!