Job Title: Events Executive
Contract: 12-months maternity cover, fixed-term contract
Salary: £25,000 plus benefits
Location: Glasgow, with travel across Scotland
The Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI) is an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation representing the private, public and social economy sectors. SCDI works to influence and inspire key stakeholders to create sustainable economic growth for everyone in Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced event professional to lead SCDI’s calendar ofevents on a 12 month, fixed-term contract.
This position will lead and co-ordinate the SCDI team through the lifecycle of events in central Scotland (planning, delivery and follow up), support major Aberdeen and Highlands and Islands events and improve event processes in the organisation.
- To lead the planning, delivery and follow up of the central events calendar, including budget management, to ensure member expectations are met and profit is maximised.
- To support the regional directors in the planning and delivery of their flagship events – Annual Lecture and Highlands and Islands Dinner – and to provide ad-hoc support for their events calendar when required.
- To manage and develop the relationship with suppliers and venues in Scotland.
- To lead a review of branding associated with the event offerings at SCDI.
- To implement a procurement exercise for AV event support and event marketing and branding.
- To optimise the commercial opportunities provided by events, allowing for more specific targetingof members and key stakeholders.
- To maintain GDPR compliance across all events.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities in support of the Communications and Events function.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- A strong understanding of the events sector in central Scotland.
- A good network of events contacts in central Scotland.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills.
- Experience of managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
There will be a requirement for the successful candidate to be able to travel across Scotland and work outside of normal working hours.
How to Apply
CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 12th April.