State of the Nation: Cost of living crisis?
SCDI’s latest State of the Nation briefing for October brings together all of the latest data, forecasts and analysis on the Scottish economy in one place, so you don’t have to.
- Interest rates remain 0.1% – record low
- Inflation surges to 3.2% – its sharpest ever monthly increase
- Scottish onshore GDP 2.4% smaller than before pandemic
- Retail sales 10% lower than before COVID-19
- Nearly 1 in 6 retail premises in Scotland now empty
- Furlough supported wages of 11.6m workers at cost of £70bn
- Now over 1.03m job vacancies in UK – record high
Download the briefing below, which is published in partnership with DailyBusiness.