State of the Nation: Employers juggle twin challenges of rising costs and labour shortages
SCDI’s latest State of the Nation briefing for November brings together all of the latest data, forecasts and analysis on the Scottish economy in one place, so you don’t have to.
- Interest rates again remain 0.1%
- Inflation at 2.9% in September
- Scottish economic growth moderated in third quarter to 2.6% following estimated growth of 5.6% in the previous quarter
- RBS Purchasing Managers’ Index for Scotland suggests activity expanding for the seventh consecutive month
- Scottish retail sales rose by 1.3% in September
- Number of vacancies has risen to the highest level since records began
- Scottish Consumer sentiment bounce back in Q3 as restrictions eased following a series of lows in 2020
Download the briefing below, which is published in partnership with DailyBusiness.