UK Industrial Strategy Seminar, Monday 17 June, Glasgow
SCDI’s UK Industrial Strategy Seminar on Monday 17 June attracted a full house at the Merchants House of Glasgow.
The event – delivered in partnership with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – convened government, business, academic, public sector and third sector leaders from across the country to discuss the Grand Challenges and share practical knowledge, insights and advice on developing, writing and positioning a bid for UKIS funding.
Delegates heard from a range of speakers, including:
- David Mundell MP, Secretary of State for Scotland;
- Nader Farahati, Head of Business Engagement, BEIS;
- Lucy Geoghegan, Head of Grand Challenges, BEIS;
- Prof. Susan Deacon CBE, Member of the Scottish Business Taskforce;
- Chris Van der Kuyl, Chairman, 4JStudios & Member of the Scottish Business Taskforce;
- Dr. George Hazel OBE, Programme Manager, MaaS Scotland & Chair, SCDI’s Connectivity Commission;
- Bob Martin, Manager for Scotland, Innovate UK; and,
- Representatives of consortia of businesses, organisations and academics which have successfully won UKIS funding.
The speakers’ presentations which were used at this event are available for download below.