The Future Purpose of Business
Thursday 11 February, 1200 – 1300
Our speakers at this event are Ian Walker, Global Program Lead – Essential Surgery, J&J, and Jamie Maxton, Head of External Relations, SSE Renewables.
This event will focus on how the urgent challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic and the climate emergency are accelerating the redefinition of the purpose of business from maximising their profits to producing profitable solutions to economic, social and environmental needs.
We will explore how the Scottish economy can benefit from businesses putting the Triple Bottom line of People, Planet and Profit at the heart of their goals. In discussion with J&J – famous for the Credo it crafted in 1943 to guide its decision-making – and SSE Renewables, we will focus on a roadmap to drive a step change in this purposeful approach in Scotland.
Participants will have the chance to discuss:
- What are our priorities for businesses as forces for good in society in 2030?
- How are debates about net zero and the pandemic changing consumer expectations?
- How can businesses and governments work together to strengthen public health and climate resilience, and domestic supply chains capacity to benefit from this spending?
- How can businesses in Scotland, individually and collectively, lead this agenda?
- What opportunities would this create for them in domestic and international markets?
The conversation will inform the refresh of SCDI’s Blueprint 2030 for the Scottish economy.
We hope you can join us at what promises to be a timely and insightful event.
Attendance at this event is by invitation only. If you have not received an invitation and would like to be considered, please get in touch using the button below.